9.5.13

I Still Do


Were you the one the other night?
That showed me there’s a light.
Were you the one the other night?
That reminded me how to breathe.

You said you’d be with me forever,
and I said it back. I meant it. I still do.
Where are you now?
I’m afraid to open my eyes.

I felt something that night.
Now I’d like to think it was you,
doing your best to confort me,
trying your best to stay with me.

I can’t help but wonder what life would be like
if you were standing right here, 
if you were holding my hand, squeezing me tight.
If you hadn’t died.

Every morning when I wake up,
a part of me wishes I’d stay asleep right next to you,
but then I get up with no tears to dry;
they’ve all gone inside.

How can I tell you I can’t let you go?,
and, would it help at all?
You’re somewhere else and I’m still here.
To think of our past bliss from my misery.

I think I'm losing my mind.
Maybe it's for the best,
so I would not try to give my life
to bring yours back.

No hay comentarios:

 

Get Your Own Free Player
Clicky Web Analytics